Sturgeon Bay School District
A longtime educational partner of the Door County Century, our friends at the Sturgeon Bay School District receive money to fund special programs to enrich learning, group participation and teamwork. Programs include:
- Destination Imagination (DI) – Part of a project-based learning program, DI blends STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education with the arts and social entrepreneurship.
- Clipper Gridiron Club – Raising funds to support youth football programs in the Sturgeon Bay School District, the Gridiron Club has been able to purchase advanced equipment, in the hope of preventing injury.
- High School and Middle School Student Councils – This group of student leaders work with an adult advisor to collaborate and impact their school community, through scholarship, leadership and values.
- 8th Grade Special Programs – This year’s 8th Grade Washington D.C. trip is slated for mid-May 2020. Funds assist students to learn about the workings of our federal government while also taking in the splendor of the city.
- High School Choir Programs – DCC funding contributes to an essential fine arts program, including transportation, apparel, and incidental costs.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) – PTO funding supports educational programs and teaching resources through active parental involvement.
Door County Silent Sports Alliance
Supporting multi-sport, silent activity in Door County is critical to the fabric of the Door County lifestyle. With funding from the DCC, this strong 501(c)3 organization carries on its mission to promote healthy and active lifestyles and community involvement and preservation of our public land and water.
DreamBikes, a 501(c)3 organization that strategically places used bicycle stores in low-to-moderate income neighborhoods to provide hands-on, paid job training to teens. They provide young people work experience and open future job opportunities, making a difference in their lives and our communities stronger.
Providing Access To Help (P.A.T.H.)
P.A.T.H. is a volunteer run organization made up of parents of children with special needs, teachers, health care providers, and strong community members. This group is dedicated to increasing opportunities for recreation and community integration for children and adults with special needs.
Gibraltar Choir Programs
DCC funding contributes to this essential fine arts program within a small community. Funding helps with transportation, apparel, and incidental costs.
The DCC donates excess food from rest stations to Boys & Girls Club of Door County, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Feed and Clothe My People and Sturgeon Bay Schools.